(Subtitle: I am sick, and I want pity.)
Went to work on Tuesday and felt a little under the weather; should've known what was coming when I couldn't make up my mind whether to bus, casual carpool, or BART. The back of my throat started acting funny around midday, but I made it through a conference call and a training class without it failing altogether. Around 3:30, though, I knew I was in trouble. I went home, took a shower, drank some tea, and relaxed.
Wednesday morning, my voice was deeper than Barry White's. I called in sick, lazed about the house, tried to get some sleep, drank more tea, ate some chicken noodle soup, etc. By Wednesday night, the cold had left my throat and taken up permanent residence in my nasal passages.
Woke up every other hour. Thursday, much the same. Thursday night, worse. Today, sick.
I feel terrible. Send me good vibes and all the vitamin C you can spare.
7.14.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Late pity - hope you are feeling all better!!!
It turns out that DayQuil (as opposed to knock-off no-name brands with the same active ingredients) actually works wonders. Still sick, but feeling better!
Post a Comment