While watching Taken a while back, I reached a point early on in the film where things were rolling along nicely for our hero, so I turned to Yoko (who'd watched the movie on her own previously) and said, So, if I turn it off now, it all ends happily, right? (Of course it doesn't, but at least it was a hell of a ride.)
I was talking to my younger brother about this, and it struck me that there ought to be a website out there that chronicles at what point in a movie you can safely turn it off and believe (fallaciously, of course) that all ends well for the people involved. I am way to lazy to even think about assembling such a list (although natural targets like Old Yeller and Brazil immediately spring to mind).
Help me, IntarWebz! Where's this site?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
In the "I can't get you there, but here's something along those lines" spirit, try http://tvtropes.org .
Possible starting places: TwistEnding ; YankTheDogsChain ; HappilyEverAfter ; FringeHorror
A brilliant idea, Tom; I'd thought about TVTropes, but wasn't sure where to begin with it. Many thanks.
Post a Comment