Your guide to the Nine Worlds, as brought to you by Ratatoskr, the squirrel who travels the length of Yggdrasil, the World Tree.

4.29.2007

Kaboom

A tanker full of gas misjudged part of the curve on the 80W-880S connector, crashed, exploded, and caused a section of the Macarthur Maze to fall on the 80E-580E connector. The news channels haven't posted their maps of the disaster, so here's one I Photoshopped using Google Maps:



The orange-ish bit is the section that collapsed. The purple-ish line running left to right is my commute home. BART, anyone?

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

I was completely delighted and surprised last night when I took the orange route to Oakland from Berkeley. They had the overpass cleaned off much more quickly than I expected them to. However, the big blank spot... err...that's gonna take longer. They were working on it at 10pm last night when I went home. I wonder if they are doing 24/7 shifts.